Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential. Check out the video that shows the benefits here.
Why SHOULD YOU Take Part?
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 24 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter levels, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Can also lead to National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- Help ensure the Safety Performance Report that ABC National complies is accurate and up-to-date
Click here to access the 2019 online form. You can also download the PDF version here. Applications are due by April 1st and awards will be delivered by July 31st. Make sure to complete the drug and alcohol-free pledge (this is a requirement of the STEP program).
Check out the deal from Graffic Traffic for STEP apparel!