ABC has always made government affairs the core of our mission. No
other group represents you as a contractor like ABC. On the state and
federal level, our members and staff lobby for a radical notion: fair
and free competition in contracting without excessive government
mandates or intrusion.
Although it is a simple concept, ABC is
constantly forced to beat back attempts to impose discriminatory laws and
regulation. We utilize a combination of professional staff, grassroots
action, and political endorsements to promote our agenda at the Capitol.
Our top issues are:
- Stop government-sanctioned employment discrimination (union-only project labor agreements).
- Prevent expansion of prevailing wage mandates and promote reform to better reflect market wages.
- Promote and protect apprenticeships that work for union and non-union workers, and develop the next generation of the construction workforce.
- Promote healthy development of the construction marketplace, including outreach to minority communities.
- Fight overreach in regulation and stop unnecessary licensure.
ABC Fights for You on the Federal and State Issues